Wednesday, November 24, 2010

One Word Wednesday~ Splatter

What a great word we have today, this day full of Thanksgiving preparations!  Please check out this great weekly post that is the brainchild of Jillsygirl and being hosted over at  Sally G.  for a few weeks.
Rays 2010 TG 025
I've spent the last few days paying close attention to the smattering of splatter around me.  Being in Kansas this week and spending a little time on country roads you can see there is a definite pattern of splatter on all of the cars around. 
Rays 2010 TG 001
As we have chased the sun this week coming further South, we've been given another hour of daylight and a giant picture window out of the back of my mother-in-law's house over vast stretches of farmland, a perfect frame for the amazing splatter of colors across the evening sky every night.   It looks as if Van Gogh has taken his paintbrush thick with oils and liberally stroked the horizon. 
Rays 2010 TG 027
Sid, even got into the spirit yesterday after hearing the word and drew her impression of ~splatter~, a splatter bug, I think it highlighted her new bling strings so well! 
Rays 2010 TG 026
Now onto the most important splatter of the week...preparations of the Thanksgiving meal.  We began last night leaving just a smudge of splatter.  I'm certain as I head out to begin making three different kinds of pie today, there will be very tasty splatter all around!

5 comments:

  1. Great examples of the word!! I had a post in mind using it for the splattering of fall colors all around, but after the day I had, it took on a different tone. lol
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great post!
    happy thanksgiving, my friend.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will not rest until I have found Bling String of my own!!! What a beautiful idea!

    I fully appreciated all three Splatters you shared ~ and wish you and your family a beautiful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, nice variety of splatters!
    That was a great post, I really enjoyed it!!

    ReplyDelete