Monday, November 8, 2010

A Quiet Afternoon


It isn't often that I find myself at home in the afternoon on a work day. Sid and Puck (our almost 14 year old dog) had a slight collision last night. As they were both exuberantly at play, Puck, who is quite spry for her age, couldn't stop in her tracks quick enough and it sent Sid backwards onto the drive way where she hit her head. All is well, with the exception of a raging headache and a sore neck. So a little quiet time was in order today.

Over the last week or so the quilting blogosphere has been lit up with mug rugs like the one seen here at Stash Manicure. It's really interesting to see how many rug related posts there have been. They have multiplied, much like summer zucchini, and I am feeling a need to jump on the band wagon so I can leave a few on friend's door steps. So on this quiet afternoon I spent a couple of hours making my own. It was a bit of a challenge because I saw ton's of examples of completed rugs, what the finished size should measure and how to add the pocket but no step by step on the cutting/piecing. So I started playing, took my notes down so I can do it again, and managed to make one with only the completed size as my guide! This was very exciting for this quilter of 5 months!

Thankful that the injury is not serious, I think I'll use the next hour to snuggle my little girl in the quiet before we reintroduce the bundle of energy that is her brother, soon to be home from school. Then I'll fill the house with the warm smells of home and pot roast with garden veggies. Happy Monday!

3 comments:

  1. ....multiplying like summer zucchini....Love the picture..There is a saying here, that you don't leave your windows open when you leave your car on a country road....someone will put a bushel of zucchini in it...

    Glad your little girl is better..head hits are hard to take sometimes.

    Mug Rug looks good, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, I LOVE the mug rug! And that mug looks pretty happy there :)

    Keep us posted on poor Sid. Hope her headache is going away.

    Karri

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous - you just have too many talents! I certainly hope the headache is gone by now - glad it wasn't anything more serious!

    ReplyDelete