Tuesday, November 30, 2010

What It's All About

262/365 First Snow
Today, this last day of November seemed to really kick off that Christmastime Feel.  I was humbled by a beautiful post and gesture initiated by Se'lah that I whole heartily participated in.  Thank you Se'lah for your generous spirit!

As I headed to pick the kids up from school, a fine, light snow began to fall.  I was listening to Christmas music in the car and watching the dreamy blowing of this snow on the roads.  It danced like sand across a road in the desert where I so long ago resided.  Talk about moving from one extreme to another!

Then as the parents were all huddled outside the school.  We braced ourselves against the wind that feels so bitter to us now, but will be balmy in a few months.  The bell rings and out come the kids.  Chorus after Chorus of SNOW....IT'S SNOWING!!!  Open mouths trying to catch these tiny powdery flakes.  Pure, innocent joy at it's best!

Once home I began a warming chicken tortellini soup.  I smiled as I dug down in the bucket full of damp peat moss in the root cellar to grab a few garden carrots;  this is what it's all about.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, you paint such a pretty picture of it I guess I will enjoy the snow today. It does add to the christmas spirit!

    Hello from WI

    Taylor
    www.maryjanesandgaloshes.com

    ReplyDelete