Wednesday, December 29, 2010

#reverb10 ~ Day 27 & 28 ~ Achieving Joy

I once again find myself answering two prompts at once.  I feel like these two dovetail nicely and I must say that being on vacation allows me to relax and remind myself as I said in Day 18, not to be so hard on myself if I miss a day.  I just need to catch up and go forward. 

December 27 – Ordinary Joy. Our most profound joy is often experienced during ordinary moments. What was one of your most joyful ordinary moments this year? (Author: Brené Brown)  #reverb10

December 28 - Achieve.  What’s the thing you most want to achieve next year? How do you imagine you’ll feel when you get it? Free? Happy? Complete? Blissful? Write that feeling down. Then, brainstorm 10 things you can do, or 10 new thoughts you can think, in order to experience that feeling today. (Author: Tara [...] #reverb10

The steps toward achieving ordinary joy come from those same small jumps toward achieving balance.  When I began this blog, my mission statement, so to speak, was to find balance while creating this family dream on our homestead.  I do not think that you can simply say that you are going to be more balanced and equilibrium immediately appears.  It comes in moments, miniature captures of time, where you get that feeling of peace and ordinary joy.  You achieve balance by recognizing those moments and remembering them, so that they may be duplicated over and over. 

As to the things that I can do to achieve this?  I think those steps simply come from day to day choices that move me forward.  In 2011 I will:
create
learn
fine tune
teach
play
read
write
laugh
capture
brainstorm
&
give

yes that is 11 but we are headed into 2011 are we not? :)

We are formed and molded by our thoughts. Those whose minds are shaped by selfless thoughts give joy when they speak or act. Joy follows them like a shadow that never leaves them.
Buddha

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say that I have been following your blog,,,,but I have also been lazy and not commented much until now. I have enjoyed your thoughts and words this last year (or at least as long as I have been following...
    Thank you so much for allowing me to share in your meditations and ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think those are great things to strive for in 2011. and in case i dont get to tell you later ... happy new year!!

    ReplyDelete