Sunday, April 19, 2009

Balance


Balance is so difficult.  How do we do it?  Better yet, how do we teach our kids so they're prepared for what life will throw at them?  We began a year ago trying to simplify our lives.  We started a lifestyle change, partially inspired by having two mortgages, but one that we hope will teach our kids to find balance, and learn a little bit about the earth in the process.  I enjoy being busy, thrive on it.  But I want to capture for my kids a combination of the care-freeness Brian and I had as kids combined with learning how to rely better on ourselves.  It has been and will be a great deal of work, but it's a journey that we're committed to.  This is another area where we must learn balance.  I'm impatient, I get an idea, research it, and implement the necessary steps for completion.  I must find balance in that, the journey.  As Brian says is a marathon, not a sprint.  I began the thought of this blog as a way to chronicle our gardening adventures this year, maybe it will evolve into something else.   

No comments:

Post a Comment