Sunday, December 12, 2010

#reverb10 ~ Day 12 ~ Integration Snapshots

Today's #reverb10 prompt was: Body Integration This year, when did you feel the most integrated with your body? Did you have a moment where there wasn’t mind and body, but simply a cohesive YOU, alive and present? (Author: Patrick Reynolds)


As I sit here watching a gale blow snow sideways outside, I began to think about this question, and I thought, wow I really haven't had that this year.  This year has just flown by, so I decided to boost my memory a little and went back through this years photo library.  In looking at the beauty around me and composing it through a lens, I have learned to focus on capturing a moment in time. When I sit down to compose a blog post, the process of writing is often remembering, marveling at and then trying to articulate something meaningful. It is when I do this that I recognize all of the amazing moments that I have appreciated throughout the year. From our toast to dreams at the new year to simple moments enjoying our family time, marveling in the kids, or working shoulder by shoulder on the homestead. I guess that I have found a way to hold on to those moments by recording them.


 I realized that this year was comprised of multiple snapshots reflecting moments of integration, not just a single pivotal one.  I decided it is more about recognizing when these moments occur than searching for the one or few perfect ones.  You might find those harmonious moments happen more often than you think,  just by bringing your focus in on the snapshot. 

2 comments:

  1. This is a lovely photo. Stay warm and safe and I so agree with you that the year has flown by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous photo - i too found that the photo project gave me lots of those moments...just the act of stopping to compose the shot forces you to spend at least those moments being mindful of your surroundings. i hope to continue that into 2011.

    ReplyDelete