Sunday, December 19, 2010

#reverb10 ~ Day 18 & 19 ~ Try & Heal

taken this summer on a very windy day

Oh no!  I'm a day behind.  I just got caught up in the day and now I am playing a little bit of catch up.  I felt terrible yesterday that I didn't get the prompt accomplished right away.  Interestingly, having gotten behind gave me the perfect response to yesterday's post.

 Try. What do you want to try next year? Is there something you wanted to try in 2010? What happened when you did / didn't go for it?

What didn't I try this year?  I think I embraced every new interest and launched whole hearted into them.  So moving forward into 2011, I'll continue on my path, but I want to try not to be so hard on myself.  If I don't get something done, well... life happens.  As my one word indicated, I do not have a problem with getting things done, I need to try to lighten up on myself.  If I am a day behind, it is for good reason.  I needed the extra moments to be with the family or simply relax (I've done that a few times recently, what a novel concept!).
   
Healing. What healed you this year? Was it sudden, or a drip-by-drip evolution? How would you like to be healed in 2011?


 I have heard the phrase many times that "blogging is therapy".  I would have to agree that it feeds the soul.  I do not know that I needed any healing per se in 2010.  I have been fortunate.  There are always challenges, but nothing that felt like I needed to go off and recuperate my spirit.   I began 2010 with the commitment to worry less, and I think that I have accomplished that.  There are all kinds of healing.  I think that working toward balance, building a strong support system, and always finding your smile is a great way to work toward healing on a daily basis.  The little steps, when you do not necessarily need them, will be your foundation when you do.

#reverb10

1 comment: