Wednesday, December 1, 2010

#reverb10 ~ One Word

 In reflecting on one word that best described me this year, I'm not sure that I can say I achieved balance this year, so what would it be?   I think....

Driven.

Yes, that's it.  Many years ago when B was in the midst of woodworking, and beginning to cycle again he said "you should have some hobbies."  Beyond being a business owner/mom/homemaker I just didn't know what I was interested in.  Well I seem to have found a multitude of  things this year!

I love to write, and my blog has really become important to me.  This year I reached my first year milestone in blogging and I have been so taken with the generosity of spirit in the blogging community.

Though I lurked for the first month, with a little push from Julie, I  committed to the blogcamp 2010 PAD project and found a new love and eye for my budding photography. 

I learned to sew by volunteering to help with costumes for the famed first grade musical at the kid's school and then learned to quilt through a fantastic group of ladies at a quilt a long.  Now, as I continue to learn, I'm trying to pass the small bits I know onto friends who are anxious to pick up this lost art.

I've found that I have a patience, that I never anticipated, for my own mistakes that leads me through projects to their completion.  I am continuing to find new things that I want to learn, and with renewed energy each time.  

Each of these things I've picked up, felt driven to learn, complete, enjoy,  and to do this having minimal interference with my family and our quest to sustainability.  Which I do!  But I think going forward into the next year my word should be moderation, but maybe only slight moderation :).

I once stitched my grandmother some needlework that said "Busy hands make happy hearts".  For me this is most true. 

Please check out Reverb 10 where you too can reflect on this year an manifest what's next!

2 comments:

  1. i smile to myself wondering why on earth did i select balance as a word for this year for myself. dream would probably have been a better word, since i seem to have been in a reverie all year, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Driven would fit me as well - unfortunately, I have more 'drive' than time, so I'm having to learn 'balance' and 'moderation'. sigh.
    I've fallen so far behind on the blogcamp - I'm still taking plenty of photos, but they tend to stay in my camera longer and there's just no time for FlickR these days. I miss it and the friends I made, though!

    ReplyDelete