Friday, June 15, 2012

Best (easiest). Brownies. Ever.


I tend to make things from scratch, I think something instilled in me from my Gram.  I mean, why buy, when you can bake??  But not everything has to be as laborious as the sourdough starter that I am currently feeding twice daily.  As good as filling your house with the smell of fresh baking, is the kind of baking that comes from a simple, fast recipe that yields the best product and all without breaking out and needing to clean my Kitchenaide!!  I got this recipe years ago from a friend and it is a go to staple in my kitchen, in fact we've made them twice this week! (sharing of course)

Ultimate Double Chocolate Brownies

Ingredients:
3/4 C. Baking Cocoa
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
2/3 C. Melted Butter (divided)
1/2 C. Boiling Water
2 C. Sugar
2 Eggs
1 1/3 C. Flour
1 tsp. Vanilla (use your homemade stuff, another easy money saving recipe!)
1/4 t. Salt
1/2 C. Pecans (coarsely chopped, and if you want)
2 C. Chocolate Chips

Method:
In a large bowl, combine cocoa & soda; blend in 1/3 C melted butter.  Add boiling water; stir until blended.  Stir in sugar, eggs and remaining butter.  Add flour, vanilla and salt.  Stir in pecans and chocolate chips.  Pour into a greased 9x13 pan.  Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until sides begin to pull away from the pan.  Cool & Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment