Well, this is it! Amy gave us the sashing instructions this week and lookie what we have here! I would say it was a cinch, but I had a little trouble with the top row. Once all laid out, I had to put on the final strips. Somehow I reversed the direction and put the final corner piece on the wrong side. My visualization failed me this time, I guess I was just a little too tired when I was doing that part last night. It finally came to me in the light of day this morning and I fixed it. Not to shabby hugh?? ;)
A funny aside, I had to re-sash the top four blocks to fix my mistake. Now, I began sewing about 7 months ago. I made it through the 1st grade musical costumes, had to do a few re-do's involving lots of thread pulling and I began to pull threads on the sashes. Then while painstakingly pulling individual stitches, I figured out I could run the seam ripper along the whole thing and it comes right apart! Sheesh! I guess that's why they call it a seam ripper and not a seam puller! Yes, you may laugh now. I'll tell you though, this self-taught sewer was pretty thrilled at this time saving tip!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Simple Things is a periodic post inspired by Christina. It always seems to come at an important time for me too. In the midst of our long wi...
-
Every three years we have to go through a rigorous recertification process to maintain our hospital's AAHA Certification. It is no s...
-
We let the first growth of lawn go perhaps longer than most, but it is for the benefit of the homestead. It makes me happy to see the b...
It's beautiful!! Congrats - I am so jealous you are so much farther along than me :)
ReplyDeleteI'll be your lagging behind student while you are snuggled up in your fab quilt.
Karri
This is AWESOME ! I can only hope mine will look as good ! or even close ! AND , you only started sewing 7 months ago . wow !!
ReplyDeleteThat is beautiful. It looks great, and the clothesline was a smart idea. I had to use 2 hangers to stretch mine across 2 doors.
ReplyDeleteYou did a great job.
Very pretty ...I love the colors!!!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous! I love it! Great Job! I love the clothes line picture! I wish we had our own yard that I could do that in! it looks great!
ReplyDeleteIsn't it nice to finish something on time? And looking so good! I am still working on mine...I need a clothesline..wonder of DH would let me use the poles for the purple martin houses....hummmm???
ReplyDeleteWonderful! I just love how all of your colors come together! So pretty!
ReplyDeleteI love that second photo back-lit by the sun.
ReplyDeleteI'm considering trying the sampler... it looks great! If this wasn't enough inspiration to start mine: At the Very Least, I'm moving "repair clothesline" to this weekend's to-do list, haha!
Wow, it looks awesome!! I did the same thing and stitched my top row on backwards. I am glad to hear I am not alone :) Wonderful job!
ReplyDeleteI know nothing about making quilts, but I do know it looks fantastic!
ReplyDeleteGreat job!
Very beautiful! I've had trouble sewing at night too and the seam ripper has been getting a workout. This quilt looks great and has made me even more anxious to finish mine!
ReplyDeleteOh my, that is so beautiful. You did a very nice job!!!
ReplyDelete