Thursday, December 2, 2010

#reverb10 ~ Write

Today is day two of #reverb10 (check it out, it's never too late to join in)!  The prompt is Writing.  What do you do each day that doesn't contribute to your writing -- and can you eliminate it?

This is actually a tough question.  My initial response is nothing.   There is not a part of my day that I'd want to eliminate in order to write.   At the point of my life right now, my writing reflects just that, my thoughts and feelings about our life and the goals of our family.  So I gain perspective, ideas and thoughts from everything that happens in my daily life.

Conversely, time is always a challenge, and writing is important, so how do I reconcile the two?  As I mentioned in yesterdays post, I'm excited and driven to learning and doing new things.  But I refuse to let that detract from my commitment to my family and the time I am spending helping at the kids school and with activities, and the time needed to realize our aspirations here at the homestead.  It is these things that I am interested at this moment in reflecting on.  So moderation and balance are of the utmost importance.  I am finding the time I need now to explore and begin to hone my skills.  They will continue to develop as I mature and as a result of my experiences.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely. Do you think moderation *leads to* balance? I get so caught up in trying to document everything, that I lose sight of what I'm trying to document, I forget to just *be* and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) you are so not alone in this. it all counts - as writers, we should take it all in and mull it and ruminate and all those cow sounding things - LOL!

    :) Debi

    ReplyDelete