Saturday, December 11, 2010

#reverb10 ~ Day 11 ~ 11 Things

Overflow
What are 11 things your life doesn’t need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life? (Author: Sam Davidson)

Eleven letters together create a phrase of action for 2011
Clutter Free

Free my home
  Have you ever noticed that it is truly only when you move or do a mass re-arrange that your eyes are opened to the masses of stuff you have?  We have worked very hard through both desire and necessity to par down what we purchase.  We are careful of choices we make.  We are thoughtful in quality versus quantity and need versus want.  I feel good about that.  What we do not do as easily is sort and be done with.  Do I need the loads of toys the kids have grown out of?  Do I need to hold onto the clothing that I haven't looked at in 3 years?  I was irked by all of the stuff, when we switched the kids rooms several weeks ago.  Good grief, that was a can of worms.  Party favors, little toys and trinkets collected along the way.  A little purge will allow for a freeing entry into the new year.

Free my mind
 Clear the constant to do list.  I have always prided myself on my ability to keep things organized and in line in my head.  I need to write down what I want to accomplish, give myself reasonable deadlines and not live going over and over the mental list.  I sometimes create these lists so that I can feel good about how I've spent my time and what I have accomplished.  I do not need a list for that.  I can only imagine what freeing my mind of this clutter will allow me to do.

Removing the superfluous clutter from my life will create a calmer more focused environment where we can make important decisions and plans and continue forward on our journey. 

Check out all of the great submissions over at #reverb10


1 comment:

  1. Well said. I always feel like if my house is messy then my mind is messy. Unfortunately my house/mind have been very messy and unorganized for a number of years now - coinciding with the time we started having children. I'm hoping to get back to being better organized next year.

    ReplyDelete