Friday, December 10, 2010

#reverb10 ~ Day 10 ~ Wisdom


Wisdom. What was the wisest decision you made this year, and how did it play out?

Thinking back to different points in my life, there have been books that were very meaningful to me.  Writings that I remember resonating, especially at that time, because I was where I was in my life when I read them.  Wisdom is growing, learning and evolving.  I've always felt that I was an old soul but was amazed at an easy lesson learned this year....thankfully fairly early on. 

I read "Peace is Every Step" by Thich Nhat Hanh.  Beautiful thoughts, simplicity of concept, yet in today's busy world apparently easily eluded by so many.  What little bit of wisdom did I decide to follow this year?  No matter what, take a deep breath.  Then; "Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy."   Try it!  Simply smile.  To yourself, to someone else.  When you do this notice how you feel.

 Breathing + Smiling = Joy

Wisdom.

Happy Weekend!   #reverb10





2 comments:

  1. i am on the look out for new good reads. i will be putting that one on my list, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wholeheartedly agree and a lovely photo.

    ReplyDelete