Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Vapor Trails

74:366 Vapor Trail
It is hard to believe that it is the middle of March already.  Our amazingly mild winter seems to be melding into a beautiful spring.  Today we are a balmy seventy eight degrees, and stepping outside to walk the homestead, catching glimpses of robins abundantly returning, and the smell of bonfires and bbq's wafting around me, lifted my soul high on the balmy breeze.  The last two weeks seem to have flown by in a whirlwind of emotion and activity.  When I looked up last night and saw the vapor trail in the sky, the final reminants of the past few weeks melted away and I began to focus more on the excitement of the upcoming garden season, and reflect on a few tidbits that made me smile.

::  In the car yesterday, Charles mentioned the chess club.  I told him that his Uncle Billy played on a chess team when he wasn't much older than him.  To which Charles informed me that he would be interested, except they meet during recess, and that would interfere with his outdoor gaming.  Then after a minute of reflection he said...'mama, I'd love to be in a chess piece, then I could hop around to move on the board.'  Gotta love an active boys imagination!

::  Joining the new book club, has led me to a flurry of reading.  I have been searching out Downton-esque books and found The American Heiress to be a great read.  Craving more, my mom recommended The Buccaneers by Edith Wharton, and that too was enjoyable.  I am off to book club tonight, and will read our next selection (The Art of Fielding) first, before I again indulge in turn of the century Britain.

::  We just received our wine club vino, a great gift we received from my folks at Christmas, and such a treat to look forward to!

::  On the food front, we tried the now very popular (at least on facebook) cauliflower pizza crust.  It was great!  The kids didn't even know we'd done something sneaky :)  The one change that we will make going forward is to use a regular cookie sheet.  The pizza stone just didn't cut it! 

::  If you haven't tried it and have access to La Croix sparkling waters......RUN to the store and pick up the coconut flavor.  It is fantastic, and I think that I will be seriously stocking up on it!  I can imagine it will be fantastic with future Spring cordials!

What little tidbits have made you smile so far this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment