Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Web of Sunlight
Today I was struck by the golden web of sunlight that transformed the branches of our serviceberry tree. I love the snow and have so learned to appreciate winter. There does come a time when I long for open windows and gentle (above zero) breezes. Though those early days of spring are still a ways off, we are visited by beautiful crystal clear sunlight beaming in a pristine blue sky. This washes away the grey of extended cloudy days and injects our souls with some much needed vitamin D. This is a most treasured gift.
This week's prompt for Prompt Me Wednesday courtesy of jillsygirl is treasured gift.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Simple Things is a periodic post inspired by Christina. It always seems to come at an important time for me too. In the midst of our long wi...
-
Every three years we have to go through a rigorous recertification process to maintain our hospital's AAHA Certification. It is no s...
-
We let the first growth of lawn go perhaps longer than most, but it is for the benefit of the homestead. It makes me happy to see the b...
The gift of sunshine! Oh, how I need that gift every few days or I start feeling its absence. Beautiful shot and thanks for linking up! I hope your sub-zero temps pack their bags soon and take a long needed vacation away from you!
ReplyDeleteSunshine is definitely one of my treasured gifts - too many gray skies really get me down! Beautiful photo! I'm glad you're getting the sun even though the cold is sticking around!
ReplyDelete