Friday, January 10, 2014
Random 5 Friday
1. When I went out to take pictures of the ice on Lake Michigan earlier this week, I captured this little guy dancing. It is amazing how calm and smooth the lake was that day!
2. 28 degrees has never felt so good. Nuff said.
3. We managed to get a big chunk of the basement cleaned out last weekend, it is amazing how much accumulates over time. It was like a walk down a memory lane of old kids crafts and garden start remnants.
4. Our chickens are really troopers, perfectly content with their heat lamps in this weeks cold. Interesting fact...when eggs freeze in record overnight lows, they crack and split.
5. Speaking of eggshells, we have been saving all of our egg shells to crush and use in next years garden. This morning I came across an interesting article on re-purposing dried crushed egg shells and using them instead of oyster shell. It is supposed to be just as good and also act as a deterrent for any egg eaters. Have you tried this??