Friday, February 3, 2012

Perceptive Little Devils



Kids say the darnedest things.  This week I couldn't stop laughing at the little quips that kept coming out of their mouths.  Sidney always tends to be very verbose, where Charles hams up everything he says with a voice or expression (much like his father).  After a day or two, I decided to start writing a few of their gems down.  Oh!  I must do that more often!

Sidney: "Mommy, you know,  you're kind of like a rent a clown, if you think about it. People rent you to come to their parties and do Norwex tricks."

Charles: "Mama, mama, wow!  Have you ever tried to count your freckles?!"  (have no clue where this one came from, completely out of the blue.  I think he was trying to get my attention away from something I was working on.  It was early morning before school and we were at work.  It was at this moment that I began writing things down).

Me:  "Charles, you have to do your cover for your poetry project.  You know your name and a title and decorate it."  Charles: "Mama, I want to put a poem on the front."  Me: "Well you already have all of your submissions on the inside." Charles "sheesh, it will be a short one, just a couplet or something."   Yup, coming up with that thought, he got his way!

What made you laugh this week?  I think I'm going to start keeping regular count,  I only got a few actually written down, not always have a scrap at my fingertips to capture the moment.  No matter the day, take a moment to really take in what your kids say in conversation.  You will be amazed and entertained.  Perceptive little devils!  Happy Weekend!  



1 comment:

  1. LOL. It's a good idea to write it down. I've thought about it but never done it and I'm sorry for that. There have been so much fun both at home with my own children but also at school when my students have said things that I always will remember.

    ReplyDelete