Friday, February 25, 2011

Tongue Tied

I'm the apple of my daughters eye :)
Sidney's clay creation: "The Apple of My Eye"

I have been tongue tied this week.  My inspiration seems to have been weighed down by a heavy blanket.  The goings on in my beloved state are unsettling.  I have found myself bouncing back and forth through a myriad of emotions; aggravation by the bullying, concern for the repercussions to my community, and sick over what is to come for my children's schools.  My later angst only to be confirmed in its gravity by a letter released last evening from our superintendent.  This is no hyped up media blown thing.  I have not been anywhere in the last 10 days where there hasn't been a hum of discussion.  Grocery stores, coffee shops, the lobby of my office.  It is very real and there are very real people and issues involved.

I have had many starts, yet my thoughts are fragmented.  Please do go visit A Sustainable Life, many wonderful conversations are taking place and I hope to add my voice back this weekend.  Today is winter break day for the kids, the sun is shining and the sky is blue.  This weekend, with renewed energy I am going to surround myself with the camaraderie of good friends, ignite my creativity (code for finish the quilt top I started last weekend), and prepare myself for the energy needed to support my community in this turbulent time.

Happy weekend to all, my friends.  May the sun shine brightly and clear away some of your winter gray. 

3 comments:

  1. I understand that feeling! I hope you have a wonderful weekend, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have had an incredibly busy week and am making my way round all my fav blogs to play catch up. have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for a lovely day! looking forward to braving our fair state capitol with you tomorrow.

    Karri

    ReplyDelete