Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Enveloped


A cold beauty has enveloped us over the last several days inspiring lots of soups, board games and movies.  Then, just as the deep freeze set in, the kids break ended and they headed back to school yesterday.  Though this bout is not quite as cold as the polar plunge we had this time last year, it is still plenty cold with temperatures in the single digits to well below zero and frightening wind chills.

Much like the queen annes lace above, we have folded ourselves in the house and drawn the curtains to repel the cold.


I read this article today in the New York Times, oh I must make some bone broth!


I finally finished the Outlander series!  After almost 7300 pages I so enjoyed it and am now looking at my ever growing to read list.


I began to wholeheartedly embrace this idea in Shauna Niequists post several months ago.  Something to really think about.  Why wait for special occasions?


This first full week of the new year I have also began a journalling exploration along with some bloggy friends.   Two days in and I am eager to see where it leads.


Stay warm!!

No comments:

Post a Comment