Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Savoring Tidbits


Life is a whirlwind, but never more-so than when an intimate group of friends get together. Especially friends who have never technically met and do so in amazing and invigorating backdrops.


Experiencing the city in this context allowed us to roam from place to place in awe, yet as would be typical of me, our meals comprised some of my favorite moments.  Whether it was dining in a community that was making the most concerted effort towards locally supplied food that I have ever seen or a dessert composed of a mind-blowing cheese platter or paper thin carpaccio or skewers of beef on the street at 3 am, the company and conversation arising from such meals are what makes memories.


It is also funny to me that as people ask me to recount the experience, I cannot seem to do so entirely.  I float from scene to scene, and then after the conversation I recall precious little tidbits that are probably the most interesting, but I guess they are mine to savor, and maybe share here as time goes on.


As I continue to digest my trip, get back into the swing of things and catch up on sleep, here are a few tidbits:

::  Wow,  I can make  it to after 2 am two days in a row!

::  Though our little town is know widely for its 'Danish' Kringle.... I found out that it is not so much        something actually found in Denmark!


::  People watching in NYC is fun, but even more so when Comic Con is in town.

::  There is something spectacular about giant laundry lines stretched across the countryside in              Amish Country.

::  Grand Central Station has the best and most expansive apple store. #eyecandy


::  You are never too old to have your caricature drawn.






No comments:

Post a Comment