Tuesday, November 29, 2011
Inspiration Mojo
Today turned out to be one of those days. The first day back from vacation and there was a lot of catching up to do at work, but it all went smoothly! This fall has been busy, happy, but seemed to be lacking a little bit of that inspiration that drives me to look at things and makes me want to create. Don't get me wrong, I have been productive, but just not quite feeling it.
The tide really turned when I was driving the kids home from school tonight. Like so many other's this fall, the sunset quickly put on a show, changing every second as it reached it's twilight crescendo. What was different about this one? I am not sure, the frosty and very windy air, that makes you quicken your step gave it a breathless feel. Giving me the warmth that winter brings to your soul as you rush in the door at home to ward off the cold. I snapped a number of shots and I was taken by each one.
Then I hurried into the house to put together the Norwex order that arrived from one of my shows. That done, went straight into making cookie dough for a cookie exchange that I am going to on Thursday. Each dough was decadent and outrageously good raw, I'll share more about them once they are cooked tomorrow! I then busied myself with a simple pasta sauce all made from garden items that we are storing...(aside, I have no idea why I decided to run a scene from American Horror through my head when I went into the root cellar tonight, but I sure beat feeted it out of there)! As dinner is simmering away, I sit with a glass of wine and plug in the camera to see if any of the shots look as good SOOC as they did through the view finder. I asked B to come over and check out the sunset from tonight. His first comment was wow, so striped and with the deep blue, that looks like the flag. What do you think??
I think I am getting my inspiration mojo back!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Simple Things is a periodic post inspired by Christina. It always seems to come at an important time for me too. In the midst of our long wi...
-
Every three years we have to go through a rigorous recertification process to maintain our hospital's AAHA Certification. It is no s...
-
We let the first growth of lawn go perhaps longer than most, but it is for the benefit of the homestead. It makes me happy to see the b...
Having trouble leaving a comment for some reason, but that sunset was worth trying again. I echo the 'wow'!
ReplyDelete