Tuesday, October 6, 2009

An Apple a Day


I've been negligent in taking care of my apples from our annual apple picking outing. So this afternoon, while I help the kids settle in and begin to work on homework, I'm putting them in my favorite pot, treating them to a bit of sugar, and a little bit of this and a little bit of that (cinnamon and nutmeg), then going to let them simmer away down into applesauce all while perfuming the house. Ahhhh.

I was re-motivated to get moving on my apples by this issue's article on baking with apple sauce. So the kids will get to eat their fill, but I'll get to try some new things as well.

I've found a new blog that I love called Domestic Sensualist. It's fantastic, especially for a homey foodie like myself. Check out the gingerbread post from today. I'm going to try it this weekend. Hmmm, I wonder if I can incorporate some applesauce?

No comments:

Post a Comment