Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Q is for Quotes #atozchallenge

At the entrance to the city of Cordoba, Spain

I love quotes.  Each week on my calendar I highlight something that is a mantra for the week.  Many times a phrase from something that I have read and love sticks with me over time.  I was a Sophomore in high school when I was really introduced to poetry, and Robert Frost was a favorite.  I have lived my life in a constant mantra of "and I, I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all of the difference."  In fact a variation of that is the tagline for this blog.  I find that in reading many times a quote will stick out because of what it means to me in life at the moment.  Other times, they are simply words that offer inspiration.  Here are a few that I love, what quotes speak to you?

“Remember that wherever your heart is, there you will find your treasure.” 
― Paulo CoelhoThe Alchemist

“If you ask me, that's reason enough to keep a kitchen at the center of a family's life, as a place to understand favorite foods as processes, not just products.” 
― Barbara KingsolverAnimal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life

“All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.” 
― Edgar Allan Poe

“Simplicity, patience, compassion.
These three are your greatest treasures.
Simple in actions and thoughts, you return to the source of being.
Patient with both friends and enemies,
you accord with the way things are.
Compassionate toward yourself,
you reconcile all beings in the world.” 
― Lao TzuTao Te Ching

No comments:

Post a Comment