Sunday, January 31, 2016

Weekend in a Capsule


As I sit here trying to come up with the opening to this post, I start to jot down words as they come to mind.   Simple, intentional, classic, breathe, learn, whole, healthy, sustainable, movement, thoughtful, aware.  These words come to mind at the end of a busy weekend, taken up in part by purging our closets.  It is amazing how light you can feel when you let go of stuff.   As I mentioned, I have found a lot of great ideas amongst my reading of late, one intriguing thought was about creating a Capsule Wardrobe.  Once I read about the idea I began to research it.  My favorite interpretation is one that just clicked with me when I read through her process.  Today, I am down to 35 total clothing items in my capsule sans workout and sleep/lounge ware which combined share a mid sized dresser drawer.  Our closet is now a mere fraction of what it was and we have several empty dresser drawers to boot!  I now know the very few things that I need to round out my essentials, and will invest in good quality items so they last.  The theory behind the capsule wardrobe is to have a handful of pieces that you love, can mix and match and then change it up seasonally. The result is spending less time and money.  No longer will you be stuffing your closet full of deals too good to pass up or an excess of impulse items that you may only wear once, and then forget about.  So phase one is done, now we shall see how this new method works!  When was the last time you took a hard look at your closet?

1 comment:

  1. Love it Amy! I love purging clothes out of my life. I would love to learn more about this. Let's do coffee or lunch!

    ReplyDelete