Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Why 100 Happy Days?


Now that I am 3/4 of the way through this challenge, I thought that it would be a good time to reflect on it.  I would say that the most valuable thing to come from this so far is that I am writing every day.  It has established a consistency, allowing me to set aside a time each morning that I had not done in the past.  In the first six months of this year I had already exceeded my total number of posts for 2014.  They say that it takes fourteen days to establish a solid habit.  I hope that after one hundred, I will be well on my way to keeping it up!  

Why 100 happy days?  I tend to do a pretty good job staying positive, being pragmatic, and I have always had the ability to step outside of myself to look at a situation and try to put it in perspective.  That however does not mean that I live life looking through rose colored glasses or that every day is truly a happy one, where cartoon bluebirds sit chirping on my shoulder.  Many days are just days getting a lost in the shuffle of work or going from point A to point B and back again, just like so many other moms find themselves doing as they cart kids around.   What is important to me about this project is finding that moment, even if it is a fleeting one, in each day that brings a smile to your face or lightens the load.  After years participating in various photography projects, I have learned that getting in the habit of taking pictures daily helps with this.  Simplicity is key.  A shot of a roasted marshmallow can capture that special moment that makes any given day a happy one.

No comments:

Post a Comment