Wednesday, June 10, 2015

#100HappyDays:: Day 35


Yesterday was a day filled with little treasures.  It began with a sunrise like nothing that I have seen before.  The photo does not begin to capture it, but it was a neon orange (the whole thing was much like the ring around it the photo captured) tempered by overcast skies.  It felt a bit like we were living in an altered universe, even if only for an hour or so.


After a busy morning at work, I took the kids to lunch and then on the hunt for a new family board game, which evolved into the boy wanting a new book to read, and the girl wanting a new moleskin and some copic markers.   As it is summertime and I want them to be engaged in activities other than electronic ones when I am at work, I indulged them happily.  Sid has some serious artistic talent, but prefers not to share her work openly at this point, so I'll just say that I was duly impressed with how she utilized those markers for the first time!  The day wrapped up with a visit to a friend of mine who had a beautiful baby girl over the weekend....were my kids ever that small!?   Then coming home to one of the peony bushes in full bloom, was the icing on a day that had many happy moments.

1 comment:

  1. Saw the sunrise too while walking the dog! I felt like I was on another planet! It was cool!

    ReplyDelete