Sunday, May 24, 2015

#100HappyDays :: Day 18


We made a lot of great memories in New York with my brother's family yesterday.  We got the best of both worlds when traveling with four kids.  Parts of the city were surprisingly not crowded allowing for a slower paced enjoyment, while other areas were more typical in my previous, albeit brief experiences in New York.


Upon initially asking the kids what there favorite part was when we got home, Charles loved the feel of the city first coming out of the train station, and climbing the rocks at Central Park the best.  Sid loved the street vendors selling artsy jewelry, graphic tees and artwork, and said her favorite place was FAO Schwartz.  That both surprised me and made me smile, this girl so much grown up, but also eager to maintain her carefree imagination.


I have some great shots from the day, and I do not typically appreciate blurred images, rather many times they irritate me.  However, two of my favorite pictures from the day were blurred, a softened image of the day.  Much as memories soften, happy images to look back on.

1 comment: