Thursday, February 26, 2015

Do You TED?


It seems like each post from TED on Facebook this week has caught my interest.  It began with an excerpt from Pico Iyer's book The art of Stillness: Adventures in Going Nowhere.  I have read it and re-read it.  "the amount of data that humanity will collect while you are reading The Art of Stillness is five times greater than the amount that exists in the Library of Congress.  Anybody reading it will take in as much information today as Shakespeare took in over a lifetime." Not only is any information that we seek available in triplicate, we have to do the mental exercise of sifting through it.  Iyer's has gotten me thinking about the concept of a "Secular Sabbath", and you will never guess what those who have innovated our technologies know that we do not seem to!

Have you ever wondered just how the targeted marketing shows up on your computer?  It all started with curly fries.

As I enjoy the kombucha that I made, I am fascinated to continue my education on how important our gut is to overall health.  Did you know that we each have a microbial fingerprint?  There are some very exciting implications in the research being done right now!  Check out How our microbes make us who we are.

I have found that much like listening to podcasts, TED talks can be easily incorporated when I am doing things like working in the kitchen or folding laundry.  Do you TED?

No comments:

Post a Comment