This week has just flown by, with the holiday Monday, school and fall sports in full gear, I can honestly say that I do not know where the week went....but I am happy that it is Friday!
1. We have one of B's veterinary school roommates staying with us this week. He is in town for a certification class. It has been about six years since we saw him last, so it has been fun!
2. B attempted an eradication of the troublesome ground wasp nest late last night. Several of the extension services recommend pouring soapy water into the nest as a natural way to rid yourself of them. It was both amazing and a little intimidating that the seemingly small area easily took up 18 gallons of soapy water last night. Yikes! We will see what today brings!
3. School began Tuesday for Charles. Last night he came home and informed me that he wants to join band this year. He has never expressed any interest in the instrument opportunities that he has had in the past so I am excited for his enthusiasm. His instrument of choice....the oboe! I asked him why and he said that it just sounds awesome....and he could blow the longest into it! He did make me aware that I had to be very careful of the mouth piece....because if I broke the reed it would cost $30 to replace. I can not wait to see him tackle this new challenge!
4. I wrote my second assignment for our Blog Camp goes to MIT class. It has been a really great feeling to be 'back in school' again. It is amazing how immediately reminiscent it felt while reading the assignment and then converting my thoughts into a mini term paper.
5. After several months on the programs committee for the Eco-Justice Center, I was invited to apply for a board seat. Yesterday afternoon, myself and a friend of mine were both oriented on our responsibilities. A new adventure beginning.
Linking up with: