Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Great Caffeine Experiment


I'm an early riser. Always have been and it works great for me. I'm up at 5 am, have my coffee, sift through emails, watch the news with my dear sleepy husband who thinks I'm crazy to be up so early. Then I get ready and get the kids stuff organized for school. We're off to work at 7:30 and I run the kids to school from work at 8:45.

Darned if by about 2 o'clock I'm dragging and by after school activity time I'm counting the minutes until couch time, which seems a lifetime away.

Yesterday, I assisted at the school in the afternoon with vision testing on the kids. We finished about an hour before I needed to run our girl scout meeting so I ran and got a spluge 16 oz Chai. Wonderful spicy warmth, just what I needed in between managing hordes of energetic kids. What a treat, one I was sure that I'd pay for tenfold at bed time last night. Guess what?? I didn't! I had energy and was in a great mood through crash on the couch time.

Today I'm back to my normal routine and so noticed the difference from yesterday! I was officially foggy mom. So, beginning tomorrow, I'm going to try caffeine after lunch and see if I can't capture that extra couple of hours of clarity. Are you a caffeine fan?

No comments:

Post a Comment