Friday, March 18, 2016

Crunch Time & Friday Randoms


This week has been full of tying things up before we head to Spain.  We never leave town for more than a week and it seems that being gone an extra three days really makes a huge difference when planning, arranging, and packing (which I haven't begun to do yet).  The kids are playing hooky for three days next week, it is a partial week before spring break and we decided that a few days at the end of break to recover from jet lag before school started again was a smart move.  However, I didn't anticipate when I booked the trip six months ago that next Wednesday would end the quarter at school.  So the kids have had their own crunch time getting things finished or done in advance to turn in early.  Ah well, it's Friday and we are in the home stretch!

:: I purchased a dryer ball felting kit from lil fish studios a couple of weeks back, and it is progressing nicely.  This is my first attempt at felting and the methodical needlework is quite relaxing.

:: How can you go wrong with iced whiskey coffee?

:: Just a couple of weeks ago I was lamenting with my sister in law about what facial products she had found tried and true.  We had both been disappointed and as we begin to age were looking for a bit of a boost.  Then perfect timing!  A Cup of Jo had a post about this face oil.  It is pricey but was at a discount through the post with a special bonus.  I have only been using it for about 5 days, but it is absolutely amazing!  You need such small amount on a damp face that the bottle will last forever, making it a great value too.

::  I have been in a bit of a reading slump and am looking for a great airplane read.  What are you reading?




No comments:

Post a Comment