Friday, February 14, 2014

Random 5 Friday



1.  I know that I have been posting a lot of sunrises, but sheesh, the colors have been so awe inspiring and such a treat in contrast to all of the snow.

2.  I am really getting the hang of this bread making thing.  The batch that I made this week rose like crazy and ended up perfectly light and airy on the inside.

3.  My new lens was waiting for me when we got home from our little weekend away.  I did upgrade it to a 18-70mm to bridge the gap between my 18-55mm one and my Christmas 70-300mm telephoto.  I found it used on eBay and it is perfect!  Now I can save my pennies for a fixed focus lens.

4.  Kids say the darnedest things.  In response to our swim and ski weekend here are a couple of beauts.   Sidney:  "When I think vacation, I don't really consider it being around a bunch of other kids....it's just more for me to tolerate."   Charles:  "I am so excited to go on a ski lift!  That is on my bucket list."

5.  We are headed towards the upper 30's and low 40's going into next week.....break out the summer gear! ;-)


Please join us in Random 5 Friday

8 comments:

  1. Oh I love the kids comments. Snow snow snow pretty but i love the sunsets and sunrises too. b

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think it is funny to think that we were all kids. why don't we still look at the world like those smart little kiddie poohs? they love it all. they appreciate the small things. they really are the smarter of the bunch. Happy <3 Day!! ( :

    ReplyDelete
  3. 30s and 40s? Shorts weather. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kid comments made me laugh. I'm looking for a new lens too - will check out ebay. Retail is so expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous sunrise. I used to bake bread all the time -- smells so good besides being yummy. Enjoy the new lens. Kids do say some of the funniest (and truest) things. Stay warm! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the pink and purple colors in your sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Summer gear, indeed! We hit 15 today - bliss.
    Good for you on the new lens! It's been quite a long time since I've gotten a new lens - always an exciting occasion!
    Pink sunrises never get old. :)

    ReplyDelete