Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Christmas Confections


I decided to try my hand at candy making for a cookie exchange that I am going to tonight.  I know, I am a rebel, right?  I have never made bark before, so thought that I would give it a whirl.  It was surprisingly easy and there are endless goodies that you add to it.


For my first batch I used both Ghiradelli dark chocolate (2/3) and white melting chocolate(1/3).  I poured the melted dark chocolate on a parchment lined baking sheet and spread it to about 1/4".  Then I dolloped the white chocolate over top and used a wooden skewer to swirl it in.  Once done, I sprinkled crushed candy canes over the top and let it cool and harden for about 2 hours.  What next?  Just start to break it up into pieces.  My second batch I just used the dark chocolate and added chopped macadamia nuts, candied ginger and coconut.  I did three batches in all and my tasters, the family, are all big fans!  I think my next confection foray will be to make some peppermint marshmallows to package with my homemade cocoa mix.  What are your favorite Christmas confections??

2 comments:

  1. you've given me an idea for a Christmas birthday gift. This looks soooo good. Someone is lucky you are a rebel, bark over cookies I'd take any day.

    ReplyDelete