Friday, October 18, 2013
Random 5 Friday
1. Grey & Gold:: After months and months of very little rain to speak of, every storm coming through seeming just to skirt around our community, we had two days of grey drizzly weather. No real volumes to speak of, but a steady drizzle that left wet heavy leaves dripping and falling. Last night, the sun broke through the clouds just prior to sunset to give us the most dramatic light. Perfect for taking our evening walk and planning the next steps to our fall finishing in the garden.
2. Dehydrating:: Maybe it was all of the rain this week, but I have been on a huge dehydrating kick, as I mentioned here. This morning I put the last of ripe hillbilly tomatoes in.
3. Tastebuds:: One of my nearest and dearest friends and member of our close knit tastebuds dinner club had her baby yesterday. We are all so excited! Maybe it is because my babies are tweens/ almost teens now, or because this group of people is our family here with ours being so far away, but it has been especially exciting waiting for this baby to come into the fold. Welcome Charlotte Quinn and a heartfelt congratulations Daniela and Scott!! xo
4. Sickies:: It has been one of those weeks. Charles came home from school Monday not feeling well, a cold, no biggie, but the bigger concern the sharp right side abdominal pain and low grade fever. The kid never complains about anything and this was a big deal for him. By Wednesday things were subsiding, though we are still watching him closely as he had the low grade fever again last night. This morning Sidney seems to be falling with the cold. It has been a horrible allergy season here, yet I am afraid that what I had hoped were continued allergies for myself may be something else. Between that and the fact that I am care-giving sickies, I am afraid that I won't be able to visit dearest Charlotte in the hospital as not to expose her to anything...this makes me very sad :(
5. Farm Chores:: Last Sunday after soccer we brought out the cover for the cold frame, reinforced it and reinstalled it over our budding greens. Just in time it seems as we had our first light frost in the forecast for that night. We are hoping for a break in the drizzly weather so things can dry out some and we can get outside and do some more winter prep this weekend.
Linking up with: