1. After a three year hiatus, this year we brought back the Hillbilly Tomatoes. Still by far our favorite, and they are just getting ripe. Our crazy season has left us with late and only moderately producing plants, so I think that we may just end up with about a dozen quarts. I may hit up the farmers market to supplement so we can put more away.
2. You never know what you are going to find while walking around the farm. This little snapping turtle that B found this morning in the garden, was a bit out of place, and is swimming inside for the moment...at least until the kids can take a peak at it.
3. Aren't firsts wonderful? After many years searching and scrimping by without, we are now the proud owners of our first and forever tractor for the homestead! Sorry for the blur in the picture, but the first driving lesson went fabulously, and Charles was burning rubber!
4. This time of year is my absolute favorite and as we head into the equinox this weekend, I am decking the house with the beautiful feelings of fall. As I picked Charles up at soccer on Wednesday, the sun was as large as I have ever seen it while it was setting. The fall light is just magical, wouldn't you agree?
5. Today was crazy hair day at school. Whatcha think??
Linking up with: