1. I am balancing my oh so frou-frou picnic basket for our Ravinia concert experience tonight by filling it with only homemade and garden grown items; cucumber salad, dill pickles, dilly beans, honey, red currant jelly, sweet potato biscuits, and elderberry wine. I cannot tell you how excited I am to see Lyle Lovett tonight, a long time wish, granted.
2. In order to milk every last moment out of summer, this week we made our annual trip to the Renaissance Faire, I love that place. I then took the kids to the pool every day when I got home from work, and we were sure to indulge in ice cream and special meals...because what else do you do during the summer!?
3. My little girl began the 7th grade yesterday. Where does the time go? She is growing up so fast, and meeting the new year head on with grace.
4. The kids are HUGE David Tennant fans. He is their favorite Doctor (yet they will always give the new ones a chance), and being not just a pretty face, he's a fabulous Shakespearean actor. Since we are suckers for BBC America and quite proud that we are cultivating that in the children, we have begun watching Broadchurch. Beyond my crying through most of the first episode, it looks to be a great whodunnit. Are you watching it??
5. Yep, it appears we have another batch of these little ones!
Linking up with: