1. Bird Houses : We bought one of those bird houses that you suction cup to the window this spring. I was feeling a little frustrated because we have never seen any activity through the glass viewer, and I realized that just maybe it was a silly purchase. If I were a bird, I would not want to see large shadows constantly peering in at me, so why set up housekeeping?. Last night B opened it up to peek inside...lookie at these five little beauties!
2. National Zucchini Day: Yep, yesterday was the day and with our squash plants producing like crazy, I have been searching and searching for new recipes. This quiche was. the. bomb. The kids are asking for more and it was so easy! Do not worry, you have not missed out. Remember if you garden, everyday can be a day to randomly gift your neighbors with zucchini! (aka adult ding dong ditch em :)
3. Note To Self: When you are mowing and disrupt some sort of nest, after the first sting, give up. Even if you go outside 30 minutes later, one of the angry little buggers will gun for you. Just wait it out and have your husband put the mower away later...trust me on this one.
4. School Days: We have officially finished school supply shopping. Whew! The summer is winding down way too quickly and we are already trying to balance fall schedules that are seeping out for both school and sports. Sid has 13 days of summer left and making the most of all of them. Charles is gloating that he has 25 days, but I am guessing he will feel differently come the end of the year when she is still sleeping as he heads out the door!
5. Motivation: We have decided to start running as a family. The kids are both interested in track, and B and I are looking to ease our way into running. Of course I made this decision on fair week, which was ridiculously busy and it was never going to happen then. I have researched healthy ways to ease into running to avoid injury and build up stamina and with the purchase of running shoes this week, I am set to go. Now, it is setting aside the time to make the first venture out. Now that I have written it, I can't hide from it, this weekend it shall be!
Linking up with: