Friday, August 3, 2012

Farm Bag Four

As the heat of August does not disappoint farm bag number four was ready for delivery.  I like to try to add little personal tidbits that come from all of the squirreling away preserving of food that we try to accomplish.  It never ceases to amaze me how quick and easy some things are, but it seems that we do not do them, always making the excuse that the task too time consuming.  I am much this way myself, but this week I was once again reminded how the most difficult thing of processing some of the basil was hauling out the food processor!  That said, it takes all of 15 minutes to pound out three containers of pesto and that was with grating all of the cheese by hand.  I have come up with a favorite recipe and now that I have made it a few times this week pesto is front and center in many of our meals.  I also included a container of it in each of this weeks farm bags.  Take a peak at this weeks newsletter to catch up on our Homestead Happenings.


No comments:

Post a Comment