Sunday, January 9, 2011

Surreal Sunday

piping hot chili this cold night

It is hard to believe that the year is just over a week old already! 
 Yet, it seems like it is much further along in the month than just nine days. 
Don't get me wrong, that is not a bad thing. 
 I just feel like I have accomplished a ton and done a lot of living in this short period of time. 
 If this week has been any indication, 2011 will be quite a fulfilling year. 

 Just a few thoughts that are going through my head as I lay on the couch sipping hot tea, curled in a blanket wishing I could turn off the faucet that is my nose.  With B in the bayou with buddies the last few days, I've been watching evening movies with the kids.  You know that crazy out of body feeling you can get when you have a bad cold?  Well, it may have influenced my movie choices this weekend.   I certainly enjoyed Tim Burton's Alice,  quite surreal.  The kids are transfixed in front of Labyrnth  right now.  Holy David Bowie, certainly surreal in it's own way.  A final thing this Sunday, the children actually agreed on dinner tonight, now that's truly surreal!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amy
    Hope you're getting better. I admire your Quilt work and hope that my dream come true, that I one day manage to do one for our bed.

    ReplyDelete