Saturday, January 8, 2011

1st Quilt Top of 2011!

First Quilt Top of 2011!

The top is done!

I learned the art of chain stitching with this project and oh how I love that little tip!  It certainly made the piecing a breeze and it came together super quick (which is a huge bonus for my need for instant gratification :)

Next task, to pick out a backing...I think I'm going to have to try the snugly fleece.  That sound so good on this bitterly cold day!

I came across Ella's blog Dandelion, after she made a comment on one of my posts last week.  She asked if she could use my dandelion photo and poem from last year.  Thank you for asking Ella!  Please go over and check out her beautiful blog.  She is Swedish and writing all of her posts for this blog in English!  The post I linked talks about how she got started, enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Chain stitching rocks! Lovely colors on the quilt. So glad someone is making progress....

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful shots Amy! I love the one with the cupola peaking out of the top of the quilt.

    Very jealous at your progress!

    Karri

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, it's fabulous and you'll love the fleece back!!! well done!

    ReplyDelete