Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Peas Please


Tis the season for peas, well almost the season for peas here on the farm.  We've been able to harvest a few so far, just enough to throw on a salad and savor.  Today a friend brought me a bag of fresh peas that she got from a local farm over the weekend~~ heaven!

So this evening, as I'm searching for dinner ideas I see that I have a container of  Buitoni's fresh cheese tortellini in the fridge.  **Gasp**  I know pasta's easy to make, and we've had great fun in our family ravioli making session, but we've used our surplus and this makes for a quick meal.  Looking longingly at the peas I decided to make a Green Pea Pesto, that is quite tasty if I do say so myself!  Thanks Mary!!

Green Pea Pesto

1 Cup Fresh Peas
2 Cloves Garlic
1 Cup Fresh Basil
1/4 Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/4 Cup Toasted Pine Nuts
Salt & Pepper to Taste
2/3 Cup Olive Oil (to desired consistency)
Blend in your food processor and toss in any hot pasta of your choice!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment