Sunday, May 9, 2010

Homestead Gratitude #6

 One of the most relaxing things to me is sitting on the back deck when it's evening and I've managed to get all of the lawn mowed in a couple of days.  Don't get me wrong, this isn't a horrendous task at all.   I love the mowing.  I find it strangely relaxing, centering.  I can take in cool breath and exhale.  In an effort to get it all done at once (because I neurotically can't stand and incomplete task)  today may have been an exception since I was mowing with our very elderly tractor in third gear.  I admit, I had to stop after I got about two-thirds done and down shift to second in order to save myself from being shaken apart.  But it was well worth it.  This evening as I sit and sip my wine and eat my lovingly made Mother's Day dinner, I can gaze upon our homestead and take it all in in it's manicured beauty.  I can take a deep breath of the fresh cut grass as the evening chill and dew set in.  This is bliss.  May you all have a little bit of bliss this Mother's Day!!

1 comment:

  1. Had to stop in today to say
    HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
    Hope you are having the best of days.
    one love, my friend.

    ReplyDelete