Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Homestead Gratitude #4

 One of the things that I enjoy most, is our evening walk about.  As long as I can remember in our life together (which is nearly half of my life now), B and I have taken a morning and evening tour of our garden or yard.  We've surveyed growth, dreamed and unwind-ed while partaking in our morning coffee or evening libation.

I don't think it's meant so much as since we've moved to our little homestead.  Now not only do we have a vast (in our world) distance to traverse, but these dreams seem to take on a life of their own.  So many of our dreams now aren't just what is growing right now, though watching the daily progress is so satisfying.  No, our dreams now are deeper, more integral, more structural.  Like we're building something much more permanent here.  Things that we won't necessarily enjoy tomorrow or the next day, but we can envision in the years to come.  For this I am truly grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment