Sunday, February 7, 2010

Third Time's a Charm

Beautiful Anne Marie Horner Fabrics from this week's spree

I am amazed at my patience level with this teaching myself to sew thing. I love that I've just completed my third apron, and have been able to expand a bit from the original pattern. Learning through trial and error what works and what doesn't has been more exciting than frustrating. I've whittled my time down as I've gained some confidence and now my only obstacle seems to be a technical issue with the machine, and I'm fairly certain it's not it's operator!


These fabrics came from fabricworm's great store

4 comments:

  1. i worked all weekend with those gorgeous AMH fabrics. you're going to LOVE them! they sew up like a dream! very good quality!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love them! great choices. check out this funky owl fabric - I'm loving the individual owl colors/shapes....

    http://www.hartsfabric.com/funky-green-bird-owl-sewing-quilting-cotton-print-fabric52605.html

    Karri

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous. Good on you for keeping at it! I've always wanted to learn to sew. Perhaps we can have a sewing/martini party? Everyone can leave with an apron??

    ReplyDelete
  4. D- That's a great idea! BTW, I've got one ready for you by way of trade for something tasty along the lines of I dunno your chimichurri sauce ;)

    ReplyDelete