Thursday, February 25, 2010

Snow Mask Adventure


You may recall yesterday I made a comment about smashing our faces into the snow.  Last week when I was inspired by Julochka's amazing snow masks I was just biding my time until we could try.  We've had quite a bit of snow this week and I went searching for the right conditions and light.  This turned out to be quite a challenge for me for some reason.  The kids had a blast and were way too excited with mom smothering her face in snow, as it turns out multiple times.  So these are the best we were able to accomplish with this fun and cold experiment.

Charlie made two attempts, and ran screaming both times (with rosey cheeks and exhileration, once was first thing in the morning before school!)  The main challenge we ran into was he couldn't keep his face down long enough to push it in.  The cool thing's you can just make out are his furrowed brow and pursed lips.

Sidney also made a couple of attempts and this one turned out the best.  I liked it also because the hair shadow around the impression is mine since the sun was behind me when I took the picture.  It's kind of like a mother/daughter merge.

Finally mine,  it did seem to come out the clearest, but that may be due to the fact that I'm a lunatic and placed my now red, chapped face in the snow multiple times trying to come out with a good shot.  Then had equal trouble trying to balance the light. 

Overall the project was a ton of fun!  Brian felt the images were a bit too disturbing for his taste, and he totally objects to cold, especially intentionally inflicted cold, so he did not participate.  The kids and I however, had a bit of winter fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment