Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A Little Bird Told Me


I'm sorry to say, I've been flat on my back with the flu. Even though I have not felt at all like moving, I did feel like stringing a few words together for the blog. Drat! If only I had laptop to accomplish this. I've been in a limbo of mindless television and staring blankly out of the window. I took a tip out of Martha Stewart Living a couple of weeks ago and placed bird feeders all the way around our wrap around porch to attract different varieties of interesting songbirds this winter. Well I can now say, my blank window stares have been quite entertained by tons of birds speeding across the sky to get to their free lunch.

I can't think of any other circumstance where I'd spend so much time staring out our living room windows. An important lesson learned. Take the time to slow down, and enjoy the little wonders around you. More later, be well!

2 comments:

  1. great idea! I do hope you feel better soon. If you need some hot soup thrown your way, please call upon us.

    Karri

    ReplyDelete
  2. birdfeeders. that sounds like a great idea..hope you're feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete