Thursday, September 24, 2009

Landscape of Happiness

Today I'm taking a breath and thinking about things that help me regain my sense of balance, peace and perspective on life.

We received this mantle clock after Brian's grandma passed last year. It chimes on every quarter hour and reminds me of the grandfather clock at my gram's house that I'd listen to when spending Saturday nights. I find great peace in listening to it.

The blanket in progress that I'm knitting. The repetition of knit and purl is meditative.


Warm,sleepy hugs from Charlie every morning.

The perfect bow stroke and ever improving and beautiful sounds coming from Sidney's violin every morning while we practice.

Though this picture is unclear, it is from a perfectly warm fall evening, that included a great dinner, good friends and U2. (I find that music is a wonderful vehicle for finding your soul, don't you?)

This is my favorite pot to cook with, it can do everything. Now that we're entering stew, soup and chili season, it will be the recepticle of much comfort food.

If I could capture the sounds coming through our window on a cool fall night, the songs of the crickets and tree frogs that serenade us to sleep, that photo would go here.

These are a few of the things that I'm thankful for. In fact just writing this post put me in a peacful mindset. When was the last time you thought about those things that are the landscape of your happiness?

1 comment:

  1. wow, knitting a whole blanket! that's ambitious. i'm going to learn to knit properly in the very near future. :-)

    i see you got the minima stretch applied. :-) looks good!

    ReplyDelete