Wednesday, June 3, 2015

#100HappyDays :: Day 28


Sometimes the most interesting things take a minimal amount of effort and are so worth it.  Yesterday I baked this Rhubarb Pound Cake with Black Tea Cream.  I have come across a number of recipes in recent months that have infusions of various things, including tea in them, but I just have not taken the time.  Like most things the effort was minimal and only required a little forethought.  For the Black Tea Cream I took 1 Cup of heavy cream and put it in a glass container and stirred in 1 Tbsp of Lady Grey Black Tea.  I put it in the fridge overnight, then strained it the next morning and let it sit until I was ready to use it.  At serving time I whipped the cream with a tablespoon of sugar and a pinch of salt.  It makes a beautiful whipped cream with light black tea flavor.  A perfect contrast to the rich pound cake.  I am so happy that I made this and will definitely try more of these infusions in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment