Thursday, February 5, 2015

A Lot of Bang For the Buck



Last weekend, when I finished shoveling, I looked down at my dry weather affected hands and thought that I should go grab some of the Burt's Bees cuticle moisturizer.  Then, just as I was going to head out, I came across a do it yourself one from doterra.  It utilized some of the beautiful bees wax that we had just collected along with some essential oils.


It was one of the more simple and satisfying do it yourself projects that I have done.  It took a short time, was simple and the small volume in the recipe made ten little jars.


I linked the recipe above, but it is short and sweet.  Combine 2 Tbsp. Shea butter, 1 tsp. bees wax and 1 Tbsp. fractionated coconut oil in a glass measuring cup.  Place 2" of water in the bottom of a sauce pan and bring to a boil.  Place the glass measuring cup in the saucepan (similar to how you would use a double boiler), and stir with a wooden Popsicle stick until completely melted and combined, about 5 minutes.  Remove from the heat, let sit for 3 minutes, stir in 10 drops of essential oil, I used lavender. Then pour the oil into small containers and let set for 3 hours.  Viola!  This recipe has a lot of bang for the buck, and I am certain that I will do it again!

1 comment: