1. Pests:: It is that time of year; the last of the ripening tomatoes, apple season windows wide open AND fruit flies. Ugh these pests are a pain. They will make a bee line for my glass of wine in the evening just so they can take a swim, but if I leave a glass out for them they avoid it like the plague. We have tried many home remedies, and none that we have been successful with. Suggestions??
2. In the mist:: The fog in the mornings this week has just been magical. There is something about a crisp October morning blanketed in fog that gives everything a dream-like quality. Yesterday, as I was snapping a few, our resident deer family was out. Our bigger than life farm poodle was off like a shot after them, he fears nothing!
3. Farm Poodle:: Speaking of farm poodles, ours has just not been quite right the last ten days or so. He's our little
4. Literary hugs:: I just finished this book this week. I swear, every time I sit down to a Barbara Kingsolver book, I just feel enveloped.
5. Soccer, Soccer, Soccer (in best Jan Brady voice):: This weekend Charles' soccer club is hosting a big tournament. Between games and working the tournament, oh and the predicted rain, this weekend is all but accounted for!
Linking up with: